Cybersecurity is a growing topic in today’s world. Cybersecurity awareness can help prevent cyber attacks and identity fraud. Here are some simple things you can do to reduce your risk:
1) Businesses will never ask for personal information in an email.
2) Never click on links from unsolicited emails.
3) Never allow your computer to “remember” your password.
4) Do not use banking websites or apps when connected to public Wi-Fi.
5) Do not make online payments when connected to public Wi-Fi.
6) If you are suspicious of the person calling about an account of yours, ask for their name and extension and call back using the number you are familiar with for the business.
7) Be cautious of what information you share on social networks; hackers can use this information to help answer your security questions.
8) Use one credit card for all online purchases.
9) Be cautious of unsolicited email offers that seem too good to be true.
10) Ensure antivirus software is always up-to-date.